Nails Beauty Tips: The Manicure..|
If you don't have time to visit a salon for a manicure then
there is no need to go without.
With a great range of nail care products available now, you can achieve a salon result with a little
bit of practice and a steady hand!
Some handy tools to achieve perfect talons include non-metallic files, buffers, quality nail polish
remover, base coat polish, nail brush and a rich hand cream.
Advice by Jenelle Cleary
- Start by removing old polish. For natural nails, use a non-acetone remover.
- Now time to file. Fashion now is a short nail, straight across the top with rounded edges.
File your nails in one direction starting at the edges and moving toward the top.
Be careful not to drag the file back and forth as it weakens the nail.
- Clean your nails thoroughly by soaking in warm, soapy water. This cleans any file residue
and removes any nail polish remover.
- Buff with a grained buffer. This will create a natural shine, diminish ridges and create
an even base for the polish. Dot a cuticle cream on the cuticles and thoroughly rub in.
- Use an orange stick (small wooden sticks sold in pharmacies) wrapped in cotton wool to
push back cuticles. Never cut the cuticles.
- Massage hands with a hand lotion for extra moisture. (Vaseline is a good night moisturiser).
- Wipe nails with a damp cloth to remove excess oil from the creams.
- Apply a base coat. This step is vital in preventing the nail from staining and many base
coats have additional nail strengtheners.
- Apply the first coat of your desired colour. Always apply polish by starting on the side of
the nail. You should be able to cover the nail in three strokes, one on each side and one in the
middle. This coat must be completely dry before applying the second coat.
- Apply a top coat. Remember: If you use a fast-dry top coat, your polish will not last as long.
- After care for your nails results in the polish lasting longer and the nails becoming stronger.
Sweet Almond Oil rubbed into the nail bed and cuticles nourishes and protects the nails. Also, keep
your hands protected and moisturised.
Tip / Remedy @ Home Submitted by Isabella Ismail (), Arkansas
Got a good Beauty Secret Recipe yourself? Submit your best Kitchen / Herbal / Homemade Beauty Remedy to SHURBHI, we might make you famous - or at least put your name, email, address & country on the site.
Email it to us